We’re excited for all things Spring… Especially this light and refreshing shrimp and avocado 🥑 salad! Full of protein, complex carbs and healthy fats that will satisfy your taste buds and keep you full! Make it this weekend, Spring is in the air!
Shrimp and Adovcado Salad
Ingredients for the salad
- 1 lb peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, roughly chopped
- 1 vine ripe tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped *optional
- 2-3 small ripe avocados, cubed
Ingredients for the dressing
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsps avocado or olive oil
- 1 small garlic, grated
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- juice of one lime
- 1/2-3/4 tsp refined salt
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes *optional
- Place all salad ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss to coat.
- Wrap the salad in plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours, allowing the flavour to come together.
- Serve on Bibb or Boston lettuce and enjoy!