Oh my goodness, these shortbread cookies are so buttery and literally melt in your mouth. They are so darn easy and quick to make… our freezer is all stocked up!
And if you’re like us and can’t decide between a sweet or savoury cookie then you should make both!
We use ghee in place of butter but if you want to keep them 💯 dairy free, use coconut oil (solid) in place of ghee, we recommend starting with a 1/3 cup and add more if needed.
I used our shortbread recipe to a jar which makes a great gift for friends, neighbours and co-workers. Adding the dry ingredients to the jar, all the recipient has to do is add vanilla extract and ghee… doesn’t get much easier then that or more delicious 😋
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp refined salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar, swerve or monk fruit
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup ghee, cold from the fridge
- 1-2 tsp fresh rosemary, for a savoury cookie
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients except the Ghee and rosemary to a food processor. Process just to combine.
- Add the ghee or coconut oil a little at a time to the processor with the machine running until a dough forms or until the dough sticks together when pinched.
- Transfer to a bowl, add rosemary if using and mix well.
- Take a tsp of dough and roll into a ball.
- Use a fork to make indentations in the cookie or you can roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper and use cookie cutters or cut shapes with a knife.
- We topped our cookies with a sprinkle of beet root powder.
- Bake for 10 minutes, cool completely!