This paleo and nut free chocolate zucchini bread is delicious, moist, healthy and decadent without it being overly sweet.
It’s a great way to enjoy and use up your surplus end of summer zucchini and makes a great back to school snack, all while delivering a nutritional boost… and if we’re being honest, snacks were always the best part of the day!!
Paleo and Nut-Free Zucchini Bread
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp unrefined salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (increase to 3-4 tbsp for a sweeter bread)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350F, and line a 5X9 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients except the zucchini to a separate mixing bowl.
- Squeeze the zucchini in a nut bag, clean towel or place between paper towels to remove excess water (if you use the paper towel method, you’ll have to allow the zucchini to sit for a couple of hours).
- Stir in the zucchini to the wet ingredients, making sure everything is well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, using a spatula combine together until the batter is well incorporated.
- Add 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips (optional) to the batter and combine.
- Transfer to the prepared pan, add a few more chocolate chips if you wish and bake for 50-55 minutes. Remove from the the oven and allow to cool completely.