These little bundle of goodness are a great grab on the go for busy mornings or you can make a play on strawberry shortcake by adding strawberries and coconut cream.
Trying to eat healthier can be confusing and a little scary…it’s like breaking up with your best friend, you know the one….chocolate, chips, and cookie! They’re always there to comfort you, right?! We get it, we’ve been there too, but we’re here to help with heathy food swaps that won’t have you feeling deprived or depressed but rather, energized and full of vitality one ingredient at a time.
If you love tea biscuits as much as we do then you will fall in love with our version that’s every bit as delicious, buttery, and satisfying!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp aluminum free baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- vegan buttermilk (made from 1/4 cup coconut milk and 1 tbsp lemon juice)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pure honey
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 4 tbsp ghee (dairy free)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 -1 cup raisins (optional)
- Start by making your buttermilk - add the 1 tbsp of lemon juice to a quarter cup of coconut milk and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor combine almond flour, baking soda and salt. Mix just to combine. Add in the buttermilk, honey, vanilla, and eggs and blend for few seconds. Add the ghee and pulse to combine.
- Add the coconut flour, pulse once more, careful not to over mix.
- Remove from food processor into a bowl and fold in the raisins (if using).
- Use a heaping tbsp of batter for each biscuit and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.