A quick and easy nourishing skillet sweet potato hash with onions, Brussels sprouts, ham, a beautiful fried egg and green onions to garnish!
This is one of those meals that works perfectly anytime of day. It’s also a great make ahead meal that you can warm up. Delicious on its own or with a fried egg!
Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and grated (or 1 large)
- 2 cups thinly sliced Brussels sprouts (a food processor comes in handy here).
- 1 small onion, diced
- Optional: ham, sausage (casing removed) or bacon.
- 3 tbsp olive or avocado oil, adding more if needed.
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- Prepare all your vegetables and set aside. Slice your ham, or bacon.
- Place a large skillet on the stove over med-high heat.
- Add the oil, once heated add your ham/sausage or bacon.
- Cook protein until browned then transfer to a plate.
- Add your onions and sautée until translucent.
- Add in the sweet potatoes, and Brussel sprouts.
- Cook until vegetables are tender, then add the protein back to the pan.
- *store leftovers in a glass container, then simply warm and enjoy!