Summertime is all about light and fresh ingredients.. these Cilantro-Lime Shrimp Skewers are perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or for entertaining. Cilantro and lime work so magically together, are incredibly flavourful and this recipe is easy and quick to make!
Of course these little shrimp skewers are delicious all on their own, but they also pair beautifully with so many other dishes. Here’s a few suggestions: Pasta and shrimp, YUM (delicious “Real Deal” pasta in the Healthy Comforts cookbook), or zucchini noodles work perfectly as well, on a bed of cauliflower rice, in a taco or Healthy Comforts wrap, as part of a burrito bowl, or on a bed of lettuce… the possibilities are endless.
Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- 6 wooden skewers
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves grated
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Soak skewers for 15 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients except the shrimp to a bowl, mix well and add the shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate from 30 minutes-3 hours.
- Place the shrimp on the skewers and grill for 2 minutes on each side.