Sugared Gingerbread Cookies, just in time for the Holidays! No one will know these delicious cookies are grain free, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, or refined sugar free…. unless you tell them!
The wonderful warming spices of ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove will not only make your house smell festive, but they offer amazing health benefits such as: anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, control blood sugar and so much more. The perfect winter spices!
Sugar Ginger Cookies
Ginger bread cookie Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup ghee (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder/starch
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
To roll cookies in:
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Swerve sugar substitute
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or hand mixer cream the ghee and coconut sugar together.
- Add the egg, continue mixing until well blended.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the cookies.
- Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- In a shallow bowl add the coconut flour and swerve, mix together.
- Take a tsp of dough, roll into a ball and coat with the coconut/swerve mixture.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet, making sure to leave space between the cookies.
- When all the dough have been rolled, flatten the cookies with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool before transferring them to a cooling rack to completely cool.
- Transfer to a container and store in the fridge or freezer.