I was so excited to get an Insta Pot and I’m finally ready to create quick, and nutritious recipes. I’m reading up on this amazing machine – It’s a pressure cooker, a yogurt maker, a slow cooker, a rice cooker… but for me the pressure cooker feature is what I’m most excited about.
Time is today’s most important commodity, so the Insta Pot is my new best friend – saving me time in the kitchen!
Shredded Chicken Tacos is the first recipe I’ve decided to try and it was ready in 20 minutes (even with frozen chicken). It’s low carb, nutritious and delicious.
Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 5 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp homemade taco seasoning*
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 can green chili peppers
- 1 yellow onion
- Butter lettuce leaves and or make Healthy Comforts wraps
- Add ons, to taste: avocado, cilantro, hot sauce, squeeze of lime, tomatoes
- Add 1/4 cup of chicken broth to the insta pot
- Arrange your chicken in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning on both sides of the chicken and add the remaining ingredients to the insta pot. Lock the lid and set pressure release to sealing.
- Press the manual or pressure cook button and set timer to 10 minutes for thawed chicken and 20 for frozen chicken.
- Once finished cooking release the pressure immediately.
- Careful with the steam around cupboards... you may want to place your insta pot under the stove vent.
- To shred chicken in seconds use your stand mixer with the paddle attachment or a hand mixer (if neither of these are available, shred the chicken using 2 forks).
- Once shredded place back in the insta pot with the remaining ingredients and stir together.
- Enjoy with our Healthy Comforts wraps and or lettuce cups!