With a few simple ingredients and a food processor you can have these deliciously decadent Paleo and Vegan No-Bake Coconut Macaroon Bars in minutes!!
Perfectly sweet and bursting with coconut flavour. Excellent as a snack or an after dinner treat, full of healthy fats and natural sugar.
Paleo/Vegan No-Bake Coconut Macaroon Bars
Ingredients for the macaroons
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp unrefined salt
Ingredients for the chocolate coating
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Directions for the macaroons
- Prepare a baking tray lined with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the cashew to a food processor, blend until the cashews are finely ground.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend again until a ball forms or until the dough sticks together when pinched.
- Take a tbsp of dough and shape into a rectangular or oval shape and place on the prepared baking tray.
- Place tray in the fridge to set, while you prepare the chocolate coating.
Directions for the chocolate topping
- Add one cup of water to a pot and place on the stove over medium low heat.
- Add a glass bowl over the pot, making sure the bowl does not touch the water.
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil to the bowl. Stir occasionally until melted.
- Remove the coconut bars from the fridge.
- Using a fork dip each bar into the melted chocolate, remove excess chocolate and place back on the baking tray.
- Once all the bars are coated in chocolate, place the tray back in the fridge or freezer to set.
- Store in an air tight container in the freezer.