Paleo Shrimp Scampi is not only quick and easy to make but what makes this dish shine are the fresh ingredients… a perfect summertime dish!
We made a couple of substitutions to this classic Italian dish and replaced the butter with ghee, wine with chicken broth and of course we had a few options for the pasta. You can do spaghetti squash, but I feel the sweetness will overpower the shrimp, you can make our Real Deal Pasta in Healthy Comforts, you can purchase any grain/gluten free pasta you desire, we decided on thin julienned zucchini (swipe to see my favourite kitchen gadget from @aussiekitchengadgetscanada . Zucchini has a delicate texture and flavour that allows the shrimp to take center stage… so delicious!
Paleo Shrimp Scampi
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1-2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 2-3 zucchinis, spiralized or julienned
- Prepare the zucchini noodles and set aside.
- Place a large pan on the stove over med-high heat. Add the ghee and olive oil. Once heated through, add the shrimp, making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and cook for one minute per side or until pink.
- Transfer the shrimp to a dish. In the skillet add the garlic, chili flakes, lemon juice and chicken broth.
- Cook for a couple of minutes then add the shrimp back to the pan.
- Plate the zucchini, top with shrimp and broth. Toss together and serve immediately.