Crunchy pecans, sweet medjool dates, creamy cashew butter topped with chocolate 🍫… yes please! These pecan bars are quick, easy and foolproof. This recipe takes minutes to whip up and they’re unbelievably delicious!
Paleo Pecan Crunch Bars
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 pinch of salt
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew butter
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp unrefined salt
- 2 tbsp cacao butter
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Directions for the candied pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the pecans, sweetener and salt.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to completely cool.
- Prepare a 9X9 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Directions for the chocolate topping
- Place a pot with 2 inches of water on low heat on the stove, place a glass bowl over the pot and add the chocolate and coconut oil.
- Stir until smooth and silky.
Directions for the filling
- Add all the filling ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend until smooth, transfer to a bowl and add the candied pecans.
- Press cashew mixture into the prepared 9 X 9 pan evenly, and cover mixer with the melted chocolate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for an hour or two.
- Cut into squares, serve and enjoy!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.