This Paleo Naan bread is incredibly versatile. Scoop it, dip it, make pizza or garlic bread, pita chips, and Italian “fried” dough (pizzelle) drizzled with honey and no-sugar substitute like Swerve icing sugar. It’s soft, chewy and fluffy!! With only 5 ingredients, they come together quickly!!
Paleo Naan Bread
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp unrefined salt
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- Add the almond flour, arrowroot powder and salt to a bowl. Whisk together making sure there are no lumps.
- Add the egg whites and almond or coconut milk. Whisk again making sure everything is well incorporated.
- Place a pan on medium high heat on the stove, brush the pan with olive oil, ghee or coconut oil.
- Pour a 1/4 cup of batter in the center of the pan.
- Allow to cook until almost done, flip and cook for another 3-4 seconds then transfer to a cooling rack.
- To make pizza - add sauce and toppings. Place in the oven for 15 minutes at 400F.
- To make garlic bread - brush naan bread with melted ghee or coconut oil, sprinkle with garlic powder and dried oregano.
- To make pita chips - cut naan bread into triangles place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the oven at 400F for 10-15 minutes flipping half way until golden brown and crispy.
- To make Italian pizzelle - once pita chips are out of the oven, transfer to a plate and drizzle with honey and Swerve no sugar substitute.