Easy and deliciously irresistible Paleo Lemon Tarts. The curd is silky smooth like a pudding and so many ways to enjoy it – over our pancakes, tucked in our tea biscuits (I would leave out the raisins), a filling for our thumbprint cookies, in these cute mini tarts or by the spoonful… guilty! 😋 It’s a perfect spring treat!
Paleo Lemon Tarts
Lemon Curd Ingredients
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup raw honey/coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 6 tbsp ghee or coconut oil, solid (I used half of each)
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp unrefined salt
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
Directions for the curd
- Add egg yolks, whole eggs, sweetener, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt to a small pan over low heat. Stir continuously until it starts to thicken.
- Add ghee/coconut oil a little at a time, once each piece has been incorporated add more.
- Once it’s nice and thick, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Transfer to a glass container or mason jar and place in the fridge to chill while you make the tarts.
Directions for the tarts
- Prepare a mini muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and process until a ball forms or the dough sticks together when pinched.
- Add 1 tsp of mixture to each mini muffin liner and press down and up against the sides.
- Place in the fridge to set. Once set, fill each tart with the lemon curd and enjoy!