If you’re craving mashed potatoes but want to keep it low carb or just can’t do potatoes then anti-up your regular mashed cauliflower for this cauliflower and turnip purée instead.
Same creamy texture mashed potatoes are known for but with more substance than just cauliflower mash. We placed this faux “mashed potatoes” in front of some unsuspecting and non-paleo friends and it was gobbled up, no questions asked…. except if there was more! It’s that good!!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 large cloves of cloves, chopped
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 2 medium size turnips, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 vegetable or chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1-2 tbsp tbsp of ghee
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add the olive oil.
- Once heated add onions and garlic, cook until translucent.
- Add the cauliflower, turnips, salt, pepper, thyme, and broth. Place a lid over the pan and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Transfer to a high speed blender, add the ghee and purée until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to serving bowl, add parsley flakes or scallions before serving.