A low carb lifestyle can be this delicious!A healthy alternative to wheat and gluten because we’re all about comfort foods! A healthy, quick and easy low carb English muffin.
Low-Carb English Muffin
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp unrefined salt
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee, melted
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a small baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small pot on low heat, melt the coconut oil or ghee, and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- Using a fork, press out any lumps and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the melted coconut/ghee, coconut milk, egg and apple cider vinegar.
- Whisk together and add to the dry ingredients.
- Using a spatula, mix together until well combined and a soft dough is formed.
- Place two pastry rings on the prepared baking pan and fill the ring with the batter.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before handling.