If you’re a fan of tacos but have food intolerances then you’re going to fall in love with these lettuce taco wraps. The tortilla is replaced with lettuce cups and filled with all the classic flavours. The result is a healthy flavour packed taco perfectly seasoned with a delicious homemade taco seasoning mix.
Lettuce Taco Wraps
Lettuce wrap ingredients
- 1 lbs pound ground turkey or chicken
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning mix (see below)
- 1/2 each green, red and yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- Lettuce leaves - Romaine or Bibb lettuce
Taco seasoning ingredients
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp unrefined salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion flakes
- Whisk together and set aside.
- Place a skillet on the stove over medium high heat.
- Add the turkey/chicken. Cook halfway, then add the taco seasoning mix and add the remaining ingredients, reduce heat to medium low and cover.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Topping suggestions: diced avocado, diced tomatoes, cilantro, green onions and a squeeze of lime!