Thinking about going gluten/dairy/wheat/sugar free? Just the thought of that may have your mind spinning and you can feel the depression setting in…we know, been there, done that!!
Yes, you mourn then move on and you learn healthy swaps that are not only – dare I say delicious, but nutritious and anti-inflammatory. We love our comfort foods as much as the next person: pizza, breads, cheese 🍕🧀🍔 but, health was a priority and so we said farewell to our beloved friends. We soon realized if we wanted to make this healing journey a lifestyle we better learn to replicate our comfort foods and fast.
So after many cauliflower pizza recipes – as delicious as they were, still missing that chewy bread texture that you get from traditional pizza. After some trial and error, we give you this incredible replicated pizza, that stands up to quite a bit of toppings and won’t fall apart when you pick it up. Oh, added in a sneaky little ingredient that’ll be sure to keep the pipes clean. 😉
Gluten free Pizza!
- 1/3 cup psyllium husk
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp aluminum free baking soda
- 1/4 tsp unrefined salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup water, plus 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with Parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl, add all wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients and create a soft dough.
- Add your choice of topping and place back into the oven on broil for approximately 5 minutes.
- For the sauce I use a can of diced tomatoes, tbsp of olive oil, one Clove of garlic, one tsp of dry oregano, salt to taste. Simmer until thickened.
I topped my pizza with: sauce, red onion, green peppers, arugula, black olives and cashew cheese.