One of my all time favorite summertime treats was the creamy chocolate fudgesicle! Our recreated version eliminates all the junk and adds in pure wholesome ingredients.
The end result is totally smooth and creamy and not icy at all, this is thanks to the gelatin collagen. Gelatin from Great Lakes is a pure versatile protein with unique amino acids… odourless and tasteless. Benefits include relief from joint/muscle pain, strengthens hair, skin, nails, connective tissue and helps heal the gut lining!
- 1 cup coconut cream (reserve the water)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 2 tbsp reserved coconut water
- 1 tsp gelatin
- In a small bowl, add the coconut water and sprinkle the gelatin over top. Allow to bloom for 5 minutes.
- In a small pot over medium heat, add the coconut cream, cocoa powder and maple syrup. Stir until well combined and mixture is heated through (do not bring to a boil).
- Add the gelatin, stir until dissolved.
- Remove from the stove and add in the vanilla.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds, add the sticks and place in the freezer to set.
- Once set, run the bottom of the molds under hot water to easily lift the popsicle out and enjoy!