Flourless chocolate, butternut squash muffins….incredibly easy, super fudgy, and unbelievably delicious!
A modified version of our flourless brownie, adding in fibre, vitamins and minerals.
This recipe would be great as a brownie as well. I used butternut squash (personal preference), but pumpkin purée would work as well. Haven’t tried it but applesauce is another good option as well.
Flourless Chocolate Squash Muffins
- 3/4 cup puréed butternut squash
- 1/2 cup cashew or almond butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 6 tbsp maple syrup (or 1/2 cup if you like it sweeter)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400F, line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, and place on the sheet pan flesh side down. Bake until fork tender 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then scoop out flesh and purée in a food processor.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender, blend on high until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a 6 cup muffin tin (for large muffins, or 9 cup muffin tin for smaller muffins), add liners (parchment paper liners work best).
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full. *optional - top with extra chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.