How many times has this happens to you, you’re working away, the clock strikes 3:00 and all of a sudden a craving hits and you just can’t ignore it?
Before you go running to the vending machine get ahead of your cravings by planning and prepping. These 4 ingredient energy bites are a perfect way to feed your craving in a healthy way. While eating protein, vegetables and healthy fats will keep you satiated, if you need a little afternoon pick me up then these little gems are it!
Medjool dates are a fruit and we know fruits provide many health benefits. Medjool dates are the healthiest sugar alternative, (although higher in natural sugar like fructose, it is easily processed and utilized by the body for energy) packed with vitamins, minerals and fiber. They’ve also been proven to decrease cholesterol and improve bone health.
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1/2 cup nut butter (cashew or almond, or seed butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch unrefined salt
- Place all ingredients into a food processor. Process until a ball forms.
- Take roughly a teaspoon of dough, roll in the palm of your hands into a ball.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate to set.
- Store in a glass container, either in the refrigerator or freezer.