Why should you bother making your own coconut yogurt at home? Well for starters, it’s cheaper, ridiculously delicious, incredibly EASY and only requires 2 ingredients with no fancy equipment needed.
Photo by @allysandracervantes
Our delicious paleo granola (page 32 in Healthy Comforts) is a great addition to this yoghurt. or smoothie bowl. Free from grains, oats, gluten, dairy, sugar, and gently roasted. You will love this as a topping (page 38), as a cereal, or afternoon snack too!
- 2 capsules probiotics (50 billion each capsule)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk **Ensure you’re using the canned coconut milk such as @geeshafoods as it works better here, and not the carton version of coconut milk.
- Add the coconut milk to a large glass mason jar.
- Open the probiotic capsules and empty into the coconut milk.
- Using a wooden spoon stir the probiotics into the milk until well incorporated. (Do not use a metal utensil, as it can deactivate the probiotics).
- Cover the jar with cheesecloth, securing it with a rubber band.
- Store the yogurt in a warm place, like a cupboard and let it activate for at least 24-48 hours. The longer it rests, the tangier the yogurt will be.
- After the yogurt has reached the right amount of tanginess, cover the yogurt tightly with a lid and place in the fridge to get cold and to thicken even more.
- Add fruit compote as we did or fresh fruit topped with a sugar free granola. Enjoy!