Need cheez, yes please. If we’re being real, cheese is life for many of us.
Having a different dietary lifestyle doesn’t mean we should be deprived of our comfort foods.
Our “goat cheese” recipe contains gut-healing grass fed gelatin, and it’s incredible benefits for hair, skin, nails and bones as well as cinnamon, helping to balance blood sugar.Cranberries and cinnamon to not only add a burst of color, but a sweet and tangy flavor as well.
It comes together quickly, no need for a cheese cloth, like many other “cheese” recipes call for and you don’t have to wait days to enjoy the fruit of your labor.
Don’t be intimidated by the steps, it comes together quickly! Enjoy with crackers, bagels or flatbread. All three of these recipes can be found in Healthy Comforts Cookbook!. This “cheese” is especially nice with a spread of raspberry jam on HC bagel!
Cranberry Cinnamon "Goat Cheese"
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in hot water for 20-30 minutes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp refined salt
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- pinch garlic powder
- 1 tbsp 1/2grass-fed gelatin (we use Great Lakes)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 - 1 tsp cinnamon
- Once the cashews have soaked, drain and rinse until water runs clear.
- Place the cashews, 1/2 cup of water, lemon juice, salt, mustard, and garlic in a high-speed blender or Nutri-Bullet.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the gelatin, blend just until combined.
- Pour the mixture on plastic wrap (it’ll be runny still at this point).
- Form a cylinder shape, twist the ends and tuck under.
- Place in the fridge for an hour to set.
- Once set, place a piece of parchment paper on a flat surface, and add the chopped cranberries and cinnamon, mixing them together.
- Unwrap your "cheese" and roll in the cranberry mixture, pressing down so the cranberries and cinnamon sticks to the "cheese". Wrap back up in be plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-4 hours.