Perfectly rich and satisfying but made with healthy ingredients. Whip some up and freeze them so you always have them on hand for guests or for gift exchange!
Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache Bites
Ingredients for the bites:
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup hazelnut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp collagen
- 3 tbsp coconut nectar, honey or maple syrup
- 10 drops pure food grade peppermint essential oil (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
For the chocolate coating:
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil - melt over double boiler
Directions for the bites:
- Melt chocolate, hazelnut butter and coconut cream over double boiler or make your own by placing a medium size pot filled a quarter of the way with water on the stove over medium-low heat. Make sure water simmers and not boils. Place a glass bowl over the pot and add the ingredients.
- Once everything is melted remove from the stove and add the sweetener of choice, collagen, peppermint and shopped hazelnuts. Stir well and place the bowl in the fridge to set for at least an hour.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove the ganache from the fridge. Take a spoonful of ganache and roll into balls. Place balls on the prepared pan.
- Once all the balls are made place in the freezer to firm up.
- Remove the chocolate hazelnut ganache balls from the freezer and dip into the melted chocolate using a fork and place back on the baking pan. Place pan back in the freezer. Once frozen store in a container.