During this time of year there are plenty of temptations around that can sabotage a healthy diet. The trick is being prepared. Try our grain free, gluten free, refined sugar free, dairy free, and nut free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies…. easy, delicious and satisfying!
These cookies are perfect for gift exchange parties or for entertaining – make ahead and freeze.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut flour plus 2 tbsp
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder plus 2 tbsp
- 1/4 tsp unrefined salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Swerve icing sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate plus 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a double boiler and set aside to cool.
- Add the coconut flour, arrowroot powder, salt, baking soda, cocoa powder, and coconut sugar in a food processor. Process to combine.
- In small bowl add the eggs, apple cider vinegar, vanilla, and 1/2 cup of coconut oil, add to food process with the dry ingredients.
- Process until well combined. Add the melted chocolate and process again, scraping down the sides. Consistency should be of a thick batter.
- Transfer dough from the food process to a bowl. If dough is too soft place in the fridge to firm up.
- In a separate bowl add of the Swerve icing sugar. Take 1 tsp of dough, roll into a ball and coat with the icing sugar.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet, slightly flatten with your hand and bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.