These cashew butter cookies are extremely easy to make, soft, chewy and the best part is they’re ready in 15 minutes from start to finish.
One of my first attempts at adapting the classic peanut butter cookie into a healthy treat was the cashew butter cookie. I was amazed at how delicious they were, I never imagined they would taste so good without the common ingredients I was accustomed to using (dairy, grain, gluten and refined sugar). This was proof that having food sensitivities didn’t mean you had to live off salads, but that we could still keep our comfort foods close!
Conveniently this recipe makes 13 cookies, so I can have one and no one will know.
Cashew Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar or honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the dry ingredients in a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except pecans. Process until a dough forms.
- Transfer dough to a bowl and add pecans. Mix well.
- Place 1/2 tbsp of dough on the prepared pan and press slightly with your hand or the back of a fork. Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.