These Caramel Pecan Bars have all the flavors of a pecan pie but made easier and require no baking. With a delicious crust made of cashews and shredded coconut, and a gooey sweet filling packed with pecans… make for an ultimate treat. As always free from gluten, grains, dairy, and refined sugar!
Caramel Pecan Bars
Ingredients For Crust
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar or honey
- 1 pinch salt
Ingredients For Caramel Filling
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 to 1 cup pecan halves
Directions For Crust:
- Line an 8X8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Process until a ball forms or when crust sticks together when pinched.
- Transfer crust to the prepared pan.
- Using a spatula press crust into the pan.
- Place in the freezer to set while you make the caramel.
Directions For Caramel Filling:
- In a small pot, add dates, water, vanilla and maple syrup. Cook over medium-high heat until the dates are soft.
- Cook over medium-high heat until the dates are soft.
- Remove from the stove top and allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer filling to a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth, transfer back to the pan or to a bowl and add the chopped pecans.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and layer the caramel filling over the crust.
- In a single layer add pecan halves and place back in the freezer to set for at least an hour.