Traditionally for many, Good Friday is a meat-free holiday. Whether you follow this tradition or not, here is a delicious yet simple dish, easy enough for any day of the week.
We love fish, and enjoy many different preparations – this “Butter” Garlic Lemon Basa is unbelievably melt in your mouth tender and who doesn’t love this classic flavor combination?!
Basa is a white fish, mild in taste and this is a perfect preparation for this delicate fish.
This recipe is versatile enough for all types of diets. It’s grain free, gluten free, low carb and keto friendly!
"Butter" Garlic Lemon Basa
- 4 basa fillets
- unrefined salt
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- chopped parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place an oven safe pan on the stove top on medium high heat.
- Add the oil and ghee, once heated through, add the onion and garlic.
- Pat the fish dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Once the onion and garlic are translucent add the fish, lemon juice, chicken broth and tomatoes.
- Transfer the pan to the preheated oven, cover with a lid or foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with chopped fresh parsley.