Looking for a new way to enjoy asparagus? Try asparagus fries!
More than delicious, they are loaded with good for you vitamins and minerals and a healthy dose of antioxidants and cancer-fighting properties. Asparagus also contains high levels of asparagine, making it a dietetic – helping to flush excess fluid from your body.
- 1 bunch asparagus washed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F, prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine egg, salt and pepper, whisk together and toss the asparagus wit the egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl add the dry ingredients and roll the asparagus to coat.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake until golden brown, turning half way through baking.