These Italian almond cookies bring back warm memories of our mother in law who made the best cookies every Christmas and almond cookies were no exception!
We’ve made them using alternative ingredients but they still have the same soft chewy center that almond cookies are famous for… re-created, but never duplicated… we know she would approve of these delicious cookies!
Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the ghee and coconut sugar together.
- 1/2 cup ghee (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder/starch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Whole almonds - to top cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the ghee and coconut sugar together.
- Add the egg, and almond extract. Blend until well incorporated.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the whole almonds and mix fully.
- Take a tbsp of dough, roll into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Press an almond in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool completely.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.