We all want to make sure our children are “eating the rainbow!”
Often kids will gravitate towards the same fruits and vegetables everyday, and are not as open to incorporating more of a variety. But this week, we had the opportunity to try Rawsome by Now Foods and it’s a game changer in this ongoing conversation with kids! Rawsome, a whole food meal, makes adding nutrients to our comfort foods convenient. One teaspoon serving is a source of 7 essential nutrients including vitamins, minerals and Omega-3 fatty acids, plus antioxidants from 10 different whole seeds, fruits and vegetables.
The best part is that it’s kid approved! We’ve added Rawsome to a variety of our meals this week, and they were an instant hit.
Rawsome can be added to:
- Meat dishes
- Baked goods
Here, we’ve added Rawsome to our gluten-free meatballs recipe and it works perfectly. Thank you to @vistamagcanada for providing us the opportunity to learn about Rawsome.
Check out our other recipes with Rawsome:
Kid-Approved Gluten-Free Meatballs
- 1 pounds ground chicken or turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp unrefined salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp Rawsome by Now Foods
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the ground chicken or turkey, eggs, salt, olive oil, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, Rawsome, parsley and black pepper. Using your hands, mix well.
- Take a heaping tablespoon of the meat mixture and roll into balls using your hands. Place on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Add meatballs to your tomato sauce and gently simmer for 1–2 hours.
- Add meatballs to your spiralized zucchini or gluten free pasta.