We’re cauliflower obsessed so we’re shaking up our lunches with this easy Cauliflower and Tuna Salad, a play on an Italian antipasto dish.
It’s hearty, healthy and full of flavour, who doesn’t love that?! Serve along side our Fresh Baked Bread (Healthy Comforts Cookbook), or our Nut-Free Bread.
Cauliflower and Tuna Salad
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cans good quality tuna, packed in water
- 1/2-1 cup black pitted dried black olives or olives of choice
- 4-5 hot cherry peppers or chili pepper. The cherry peppers add such a beautiful flavour. Can be found at most grocery stores.
- 1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: lemon juice or vinegar to brighten the flavours
- Steam or roast cauliflower until tender. Drain (if steaming) and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Drain the water from the tuna and add to a large bowl with the cauliflower and the remaining ingredients.
- Toss everything together, making sure everything is well coated with the olive oil.
- Cover and place in the fridge to chill. The longer it’s refrigerated, the tastier it gets.