These coconut mango ice cream are delicious and healthy.
We’ve incorporated gelatin, first for the smooth creamy texture. Second, for all the amazing health benefits! If you’ve been following us for a while then you know how much we love this ingredient.
Coconut Mango Nice Cream
- 1 cup full fat coconut cream You’ll need a can that has been placed in the fridge overnight. Use only the cream and reserve the water. *
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin such as Great Lakes
- 2 tbsp reserved coconut water
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 mango, peeled and puréed in a food processor
- Add the coconut water to a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the coconut water. Allow the gelatin to bloom for 5 minutes.
- In a small pan over low heat, add the coconut cream and maple syrup.
- Cook until the mixture is warm but do not allow to boil.
- Add the gelatin to the coconut mixture and mix until the gelatin dissolves.
- Remove from stove and add the vanilla.
- Transfer the coconut mixture to a measuring cup. This makes filling the molds easy.
- Fill each mold with the coconut mixture, add some mango purée to each mold and place the sticks in the molds.
- Transfer to the freezer until set, approximately 5-6 hours.
- Run the bottom of the molds under hot water to release the ice cream.