This chocolate cake is hands down one of the yummiest nut free, paleo cakes you can make. It’s gooey and rich in the center, surrounded by tender chocolate cake. Not that you ever need a reason to make someone you love including yourself a special treat, but this chocolate cake is certainly perfect for any occasion… and who doesn’t love chocolate.
Nut-free Chocolate Cake
- 4 oz dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder (really brightens the chocolate flavor)
- 1/8 tsp unrefined salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease either a mini muffin tray, ramekins or a decorative tray with coconut oil.
- Melt the chocolate, coconut oil and maple syrup over a double boiler. Once melted allow mixture to come to room temperature.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, apple cider vinegar and vanilla together using a hand mixer, until frothy.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the eggs and mix with a spatula.
- Sift in the coconut flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking soda and salt.
- Fill baking pan or ramekins 3/4 of the way and bake.